The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. Licensed vocational nurses or LVNs who want to take their education a step further can continue their studies can enroll in a RN program and become registered nurses in Woodsfield Ohio.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
Popular LVN Programs Near Woodsfield OH
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
Although the format of the program can slightly vary depending on the educational institution and students can opt for full-time or part-time programs, they all teach students the fundamentals of nursing and help them gain the skills and knowledge they need for a basic, entry-level position. No matter if they plan to operate in a clinic, a medical office, a hospital or a long-term care facility of any kind, the licensed vocational nursing programs will train students to meet the quality medical standards that apply at the moment. The final licensure exam is commonly known as NCLEX.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. As you may already know, it is the duty of the licensed vocational nurse to administer medication, to record the vital signs of the patient and to monitor his evolution before and after administering the treatments, to collect blood samples for routine tests, to inform patients about certain diseases and so on. Besides the theoretical and practical training, a great benefit of the LVN programs is that they all aim to teach future nurses how to behave with patients, how to be kind and sociable and how to achieve the leadership skills that are so important in this field.
In addition to this, licensed vocational nurses in Woodsfield OH also apply dressings, care for patients, give injections, take the temperature and blood pressure and so on. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
Map of Woodsfield, Ohio
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
How Much Does A Traditional LVN Program Cost And What Do They Involve?
Given the fact that these are short-term yet intensive training programs, one should expect to pay up to $5,000 for the entire course, including the additional costs for books, ATI testing, uniforms, license fees, exams and other fees that typically apply to this kind of programs.
The licensed vocational nurse programs are especially designed to cover the basic requirements and skills the nurse will need to operate in a clinical setting, and some of the most common and important subjects include the body structure and function, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, social psychology, paediatrics, gynecological nursing, psychology and even leadership courses.
Thanks for putting this together!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into the different LVN programs in Ohio and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!