Licensed vocational nurses deal with a wide array of medical tasks, and they are supervised by registered nurses or by physicians. Windy Point CO Licensed vocational nurses who are looking for more career opportunities usually choose to enroll in a registered nurse program.
LVN programs are short-term programs that last for around 12 months, and at the end of the course nurses will get an AND.
#1 LVN Programs Close To Windy Point CO
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner (Online)
- And more...
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. After becoming licensed vocational nurses, these medical professionals can start to work in private clinics or physicians’ offices, or they can apply for a job at a state hospital. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
Given the fact that LVN programs typically approach only the basics of nursing, they only prepare students for an entry-level position and they will need further study if they want to advance. Some of the most common duties of the licensed vocational nurse include recording the vital signs, administering treatments or collecting blood samples. Besides the theoretical and practical training, a great benefit of the LVN programs is that they all aim to teach future nurses how to behave with patients, how to be kind and sociable and how to achieve the leadership skills that are so important in this field.
Other important duties of a Windy Point Colorado nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The average yearly salary of a vocational nurse is around $45,000.
Further Info On Windy Point, Colorado
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
Given the fact that these are short-term yet intensive training programs, one should expect to pay up to $5,000 for the entire course, including the additional costs for books, ATI testing, uniforms, license fees, exams and other fees that typically apply to this kind of programs.
The licensed vocational nurse programs are especially designed to cover the basic requirements and skills the nurse will need to operate in a clinical setting, and some of the most common and important subjects include the body structure and function, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, social psychology, paediatrics, gynecological nursing, psychology and even leadership courses.
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to research the different LVN programs in Colorado and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!