The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. Licensed vocational nurses or LVNs who want to take their education a step further can continue their studies can enroll in a RN program and become registered nurses in Stepney CT.
LVN programs are short-term programs that last for around 12 months, and at the end of the course nurses will get an AND.
Popular LVN Schools Close To Stepney CT
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
The Basics Of LVN Programs
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. After passing the licensure exam, LVNs can easily get a job in a variety of clinical settings. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Some of the most common duties of the licensed vocational nurse include recording the vital signs, administering treatments or collecting blood samples. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
Other important duties of a Stepney CT nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The average yearly salary of a vocational nurse is around $45,000.
Map of Stepney, CT
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
How Much Does A Traditional LVN Program Cost And What Do They Involve?
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
The licensed vocational nurse programs are especially designed to cover the basic requirements and skills the nurse will need to operate in a clinical setting, and some of the most common and important subjects include the body structure and function, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, social psychology, paediatrics, gynecological nursing, psychology and even leadership courses.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different LVN schools in Connecticut and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!