The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Rochester KY choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
LVN programs are short-term programs that last for around 12 months, and at the end of the course nurses will get an AND.
Popular LVN Schools In Rochester KY
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
Although the format of the program can slightly vary depending on the educational institution and students can opt for full-time or part-time programs, they all teach students the fundamentals of nursing and help them gain the skills and knowledge they need for a basic, entry-level position. After passing the licensure exam, LVNs can easily get a job in a variety of clinical settings. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Some of the most common duties of the licensed vocational nurse include recording the vital signs, administering treatments or collecting blood samples. Besides the valuable insight that nurses get into the field during the LVN programs, these programs also teach them how to interact with their patients and how to be good and reliable leaders in their industry.
Other important duties of a Rochester Kentucky nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. Even high schools offer specialized LVN programs these days, therefore they are very accessible to almost everybody. The average yearly salary of a vocational nurse is around $45,000.
More On Rochester, Kentucky
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
Price And Common Features Of Modern LVN Programs
The overall price of the LVN program, including the books, license and testing fees, uniforms and every other item that is required throughout the training should not exceed $5,000.
In conclusion, LVN programs cover a wide array of subjects that are essential in order for the nurse to operate in a clinical setting, from the fundamentals of nursing and paediatrics to gynecological nursing, psychology and pharmacology, all of which are very important in the long haul.
Thanks for putting this together!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to learn more about the different LVN schools in Kentucky and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…