Licensed vocational nurses deal with a wide array of medical tasks, and they are supervised by registered nurses or by physicians. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Nashville NC choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
The basic LVN program usually lasts for two to three semesters, and after they complete the program students can apply for an ADN, or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
#1 LVN Schools Near Nashville North Carolina
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
The Basics Of LVN Programs
Although the format of the program can slightly vary depending on the educational institution and students can opt for full-time or part-time programs, they all teach students the fundamentals of nursing and help them gain the skills and knowledge they need for a basic, entry-level position. After becoming licensed vocational nurses, these medical professionals can start to work in private clinics or physicians’ offices, or they can apply for a job at a state hospital. The final exam is the one that decides whether the vocational nurse is truly ready to operate in the field, and it is known as the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX.
LVN training programs are relatively simple, as they only offer a basic overview of the science of nursing. Collecting blood samples or recording the vital signs are only two of the most common duties of the LVN. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
In addition to this, licensed vocational nurses in Nashville NC also apply dressings, care for patients, give injections, take the temperature and blood pressure and so on. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
Further Info On Nashville, NC
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
How Much Does A Traditional LVN Program Cost And What Do They Involve?
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
In conclusion, LVN programs cover a wide array of subjects that are essential in order for the nurse to operate in a clinical setting, from the fundamentals of nursing and paediatrics to gynecological nursing, psychology and pharmacology, all of which are very important in the long haul.
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into all the LVN programs in North Carolina and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!