LVNs are an important part of the health care systems, and they usually work close to physicians or to RNs. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Fletcher NC choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
The basic LVN program usually lasts for two to three semesters, and after they complete the program students can apply for an ADN, or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
Popular LVN Programs Close To Fletcher NC
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
LVN Programs – What Are They?
Although the format of the program can slightly vary depending on the educational institution and students can opt for full-time or part-time programs, they all teach students the fundamentals of nursing and help them gain the skills and knowledge they need for a basic, entry-level position. After becoming licensed vocational nurses, these medical professionals can start to work in private clinics or physicians’ offices, or they can apply for a job at a state hospital. The final licensure exam is commonly known as NCLEX.
LVN training programs are relatively simple, as they only offer a basic overview of the science of nursing. As you may already know, it is the duty of the licensed vocational nurse to administer medication, to record the vital signs of the patient and to monitor his evolution before and after administering the treatments, to collect blood samples for routine tests, to inform patients about certain diseases and so on. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
Besides the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, licensed Fletcher North Carolina vocational nurses also apply dressings, give injections whenever needed and take the temperature of the patient. Even high schools offer specialized LVN programs these days, therefore they are very accessible to almost everybody. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
Map of Fletcher, North Carolina
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
In conclusion, LVN programs cover a wide array of subjects that are essential in order for the nurse to operate in a clinical setting, from the fundamentals of nursing and paediatrics to gynecological nursing, psychology and pharmacology, all of which are very important in the long haul.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to learn more about all the LVN schools in North Carolina and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!