The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. Licensed vocational nurses or LVNs who want to take their education a step further can continue their studies can enroll in a RN program and become registered nurses in Elkton Tennessee.
The basic LVN program usually lasts for two to three semesters, and after they complete the program students can apply for an ADN, or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
#1 LVN Programs In Elkton TN
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Medical Assistant
LVN Programs – What Are They?
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. No matter if they plan to operate in a clinic, a medical office, a hospital or a long-term care facility of any kind, the licensed vocational nursing programs will train students to meet the quality medical standards that apply at the moment. The final exam is the one that decides whether the vocational nurse is truly ready to operate in the field, and it is known as the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Collecting blood samples or recording the vital signs are only two of the most common duties of the LVN. Besides the theoretical and practical training, a great benefit of the LVN programs is that they all aim to teach future nurses how to behave with patients, how to be kind and sociable and how to achieve the leadership skills that are so important in this field.
Besides the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, licensed Elkton Tennessee vocational nurses also apply dressings, give injections whenever needed and take the temperature of the patient. Everybody can enroll in a LVN program nowadays, quickly and without the fuss, as they are provided by most educational institutions including high schools. As you may know already, a licensed vocational nurse can earn up to $45,000 a year or more.
Map of Elkton, Tennessee
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
The licensed vocational nurse programs are especially designed to cover the basic requirements and skills the nurse will need to operate in a clinical setting, and some of the most common and important subjects include the body structure and function, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, social psychology, paediatrics, gynecological nursing, psychology and even leadership courses.
Thanks for putting this together!
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful resource. I was able to look into all the LVN programs in Tennessee and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!