The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. Donegal Heights PA Licensed vocational nurses who are looking for more career opportunities usually choose to enroll in a registered nurse program.
LVN programs are short-term programs that last for around 12 months, and at the end of the course nurses will get an AND.
Top LVN Programs Near Donegal Heights Pennsylvania
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
LVN Programs – What Are They?
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. No matter if they plan to operate in a clinic, a medical office, a hospital or a long-term care facility of any kind, the licensed vocational nursing programs will train students to meet the quality medical standards that apply at the moment. The final exam is the one that decides whether the vocational nurse is truly ready to operate in the field, and it is known as the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX.
LVN training programs are relatively simple, as they only offer a basic overview of the science of nursing. Collecting blood samples or recording the vital signs are only two of the most common duties of the LVN. Besides the valuable insight that nurses get into the field during the LVN programs, these programs also teach them how to interact with their patients and how to be good and reliable leaders in their industry.
Other important duties of a Donegal Heights PA nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. Even high schools offer specialized LVN programs these days, therefore they are very accessible to almost everybody. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
More On Donegal Heights, Pennsylvania
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
How Much Does A Traditional LVN Program Cost And What Do They Involve?
The overall price of the LVN program, including the books, license and testing fees, uniforms and every other item that is required throughout the training should not exceed $5,000.
These program cover subjects like paediatrics, social psychology, the basics of nursing, the general body function and structure or leadership courses which aim to help nurses achieve the communication and leadership skills they need.
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful resource. I was able to look into the different LVN programs in Pennsylvania and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…