The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. Licensed vocational nurses or LVNs who want to take their education a step further can continue their studies can enroll in a RN program and become registered nurses in Clemmons NC.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
Popular LVN Programs Close To Clemmons NC
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
The Basics Of LVN Programs
Although the format of the program can slightly vary depending on the educational institution and students can opt for full-time or part-time programs, they all teach students the fundamentals of nursing and help them gain the skills and knowledge they need for a basic, entry-level position. No matter if they plan to operate in a clinic, a medical office, a hospital or a long-term care facility of any kind, the licensed vocational nursing programs will train students to meet the quality medical standards that apply at the moment. The final licensure exam is commonly known as NCLEX.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Some of the most common duties of the licensed vocational nurse include recording the vital signs, administering treatments or collecting blood samples. Besides the valuable insight that nurses get into the field during the LVN programs, these programs also teach them how to interact with their patients and how to be good and reliable leaders in their industry.
Other important duties of a Clemmons North Carolina nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. Everybody can enroll in a LVN program nowadays, quickly and without the fuss, as they are provided by most educational institutions including high schools. As you may know already, a licensed vocational nurse can earn up to $45,000 a year or more.
Map of Clemmons, NC
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
Price And Common Features Of Modern LVN Programs
Given the fact that these are short-term yet intensive training programs, one should expect to pay up to $5,000 for the entire course, including the additional costs for books, ATI testing, uniforms, license fees, exams and other fees that typically apply to this kind of programs.
In conclusion, LVN programs cover a wide array of subjects that are essential in order for the nurse to operate in a clinical setting, from the fundamentals of nursing and paediatrics to gynecological nursing, psychology and pharmacology, all of which are very important in the long haul.
Thanks for putting this together!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into the different LVN schools in North Carolina and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!