LVNs are an important part of the health care systems, and they usually work close to physicians or to RNs. Licensed vocational nurses or LVNs who want to take their education a step further can continue their studies can enroll in a RN program and become registered nurses in Cambridge IA.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
Popular LVN Schools Close To Cambridge Iowa
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
The Basics Of LVN Programs
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. After becoming licensed vocational nurses, these medical professionals can start to work in private clinics or physicians’ offices, or they can apply for a job at a state hospital. The final licensure exam is commonly known as NCLEX.
Given the fact that LVN programs typically approach only the basics of nursing, they only prepare students for an entry-level position and they will need further study if they want to advance. As you may already know, it is the duty of the licensed vocational nurse to administer medication, to record the vital signs of the patient and to monitor his evolution before and after administering the treatments, to collect blood samples for routine tests, to inform patients about certain diseases and so on. Besides the theoretical and practical training, a great benefit of the LVN programs is that they all aim to teach future nurses how to behave with patients, how to be kind and sociable and how to achieve the leadership skills that are so important in this field.
Besides the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, licensed Cambridge IA vocational nurses also apply dressings, give injections whenever needed and take the temperature of the patient. Even high schools offer specialized LVN programs these days, therefore they are very accessible to almost everybody. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
Map of Cambridge, IA
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
These program cover subjects like paediatrics, social psychology, the basics of nursing, the general body function and structure or leadership courses which aim to help nurses achieve the communication and leadership skills they need.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into the different LVN schools in Iowa and found one I really like. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…