LVNs are an important part of the health care systems, and they usually work close to physicians or to RNs. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Brownstown MI choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
The basic LVN program usually lasts for two to three semesters, and after they complete the program students can apply for an ADN, or an Associate Degree in Nursing.
Popular LVN Schools Close To Brownstown MI
- Get where the world is going with a bachelor’s degree from Davenport. Explore select programs where we GUARANTEE you’ll land a job within six months, or tuition for future job training is on us.
- Earn your degree right here in Michigan or 100% online from wherever you are. Choose from over 20 bachelor’s degrees to help you land your dream job. Apply today!
- At DU, you won’t just earn a degree—you’ll gain specific skills your future employer is looking for. Find out how 91% of our graduates get a job in their field within SIX MONTHS of graduation.
- What’s seven weeks worth to you? That’s how fast you can finish most classes at Davenport. Whether you learn online, on-campus, or both, there’s a convenient path to a degree for you! Apply now!
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
The Basics Of LVN Programs
The LVN courses can be either part time or full time, but what they have in common is that they all prepare students for an entry-level position as vocational nurses. No matter if they plan to operate in a clinic, a medical office, a hospital or a long-term care facility of any kind, the licensed vocational nursing programs will train students to meet the quality medical standards that apply at the moment. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
Given the fact that LVN programs typically approach only the basics of nursing, they only prepare students for an entry-level position and they will need further study if they want to advance. Some of the most common duties of the licensed vocational nurse include recording the vital signs, administering treatments or collecting blood samples. Besides the theoretical and practical training, a great benefit of the LVN programs is that they all aim to teach future nurses how to behave with patients, how to be kind and sociable and how to achieve the leadership skills that are so important in this field.
Besides the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, licensed Brownstown Michigan vocational nurses also apply dressings, give injections whenever needed and take the temperature of the patient. Everybody can enroll in a LVN program nowadays, quickly and without the fuss, as they are provided by most educational institutions including high schools. As you may know already, a licensed vocational nurse can earn up to $45,000 a year or more.
Map of Brownstown, MI
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
How Much Does A Traditional LVN Program Cost And What Do They Involve?
The overall price of the LVN program, including the books, license and testing fees, uniforms and every other item that is required throughout the training should not exceed $5,000.
These program cover subjects like paediatrics, social psychology, the basics of nursing, the general body function and structure or leadership courses which aim to help nurses achieve the communication and leadership skills they need.
Thanks for putting this together!
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to look into all the LVN schools in Michigan and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…