The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Ashland OK choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
#1 LVN Programs Close To Ashland Oklahoma
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
Based on the educational institution that offers the LVN programs, students can benefit from part-time or full-time programs, and the purpose of these programs is to offer students the basic skills and knowledge that are required for an entry-level vocational nursing position. After becoming licensed vocational nurses, these medical professionals can start to work in private clinics or physicians’ offices, or they can apply for a job at a state hospital. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
Given the fact that LVN programs typically approach only the basics of nursing, they only prepare students for an entry-level position and they will need further study if they want to advance. As you may already know, it is the duty of the licensed vocational nurse to administer medication, to record the vital signs of the patient and to monitor his evolution before and after administering the treatments, to collect blood samples for routine tests, to inform patients about certain diseases and so on. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
Besides the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, licensed Ashland Oklahoma vocational nurses also apply dressings, give injections whenever needed and take the temperature of the patient. Even high schools offer specialized LVN programs these days, therefore they are very accessible to almost everybody. The LVN programs will pay off shortly, as the median yearly salary of a licensed vocational nurse is around $ 45,000 or even more, depending on the working environment.
Map of Ashland, Oklahoma
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The overall price of the LVN program, including the books, license and testing fees, uniforms and every other item that is required throughout the training should not exceed $5,000.
The licensed vocational nurse programs are especially designed to cover the basic requirements and skills the nurse will need to operate in a clinical setting, and some of the most common and important subjects include the body structure and function, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, social psychology, paediatrics, gynecological nursing, psychology and even leadership courses.
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to research the different LVN schools in Oklahoma and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!