The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Alta IN choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
Top LVN Programs Near Alta Indiana
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- M.S. Nursing and Master of Business Administration
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Trusted San Antonio college and Institution of the Year 2018 offering campus-based and online accredited programs in Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Business, and Nursing.
- Accelerated programs designed with affordability and convenience in mind. Achieve your professional goals faster and affordably. Financial aid, scholarships, and U.S. veterans benefits available.
- Hallmark University offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate’s degrees that align with current industry needs to give graduates the best opportunity for success.
- Hallmark's Student Affairs’ team works directly with industry leaders to assist students in securing employment after they graduate. Our goal is 90% placement within 90 days of graduation!
- Hallmark's 20:1 student-teacher ratio allow instructors to give students constant, personal help and attention. And with 6 terms a year, you never need to wait to apply. Get started today!
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
The LVN courses can be either part time or full time, but what they have in common is that they all prepare students for an entry-level position as vocational nurses. After passing the licensure exam, LVNs can easily get a job in a variety of clinical settings. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Collecting blood samples or recording the vital signs are only two of the most common duties of the LVN. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
Other important duties of a Alta Indiana nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The average yearly salary of a vocational nurse is around $45,000.
More On Alta, IN
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
These program cover subjects like paediatrics, social psychology, the basics of nursing, the general body function and structure or leadership courses which aim to help nurses achieve the communication and leadership skills they need.
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research all the LVN schools in Indiana and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!