The licensed vocational nurse is a medical professional who provides nursing care on many different levels and who usually works under the close supervision of a registered nurse. It often happens that most licensed nurses who pass their LVN exam in Alta IN choose to enroll in a Registered Nurse program, as this offers them more career opportunities.
Upon completion, nurses will get an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, also referred to as an ADN.
Top LVN Programs Near Alta Indiana
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Build a better future for yourself—and the world. This is the place where students graduate not only poised for career success—but also ready to make a difference in their communities.
- Post Masters Certificate Nursing
- Doctoral Nursing
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Nursing (Post-licensure)
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
A Closer Look At The LVN Program
The LVN courses can be either part time or full time, but what they have in common is that they all prepare students for an entry-level position as vocational nurses. After passing the licensure exam, LVNs can easily get a job in a variety of clinical settings. At the end of the program, students will take the National Council Licensure Examination, also referred to as the NCLEX, to get their license as vocational nurse.
The courses are complex but they are usually tailored to the needs of the students, and the basic courses involve core training that every future LVN will need in the health care system. Collecting blood samples or recording the vital signs are only two of the most common duties of the LVN. In addition to this, the future registered nurses will also learn important skills like leadership, how to supervise patients and how to properly interact with them.
Other important duties of a Alta Indiana nurse include giving injections, taking the temperature or monitoring the blood pressure regularly. These days you can easily enroll in a LVN training program, given the fact that most of them are offered by high schools. The average yearly salary of a vocational nurse is around $45,000.
More On Alta, IN
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
The Price Of An LVN Program
The general price for the program which includes the training and all the additional equipment and apparel is around $5,000.
These program cover subjects like paediatrics, social psychology, the basics of nursing, the general body function and structure or leadership courses which aim to help nurses achieve the communication and leadership skills they need.
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research all the LVN schools in Indiana and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!